It's important to keep your car's transmission working properly whether it’s a manual or an automatic. We can perform Transmission Service on your car right here in Sorell – Call us today for a quote!
There are two main differences between an automatic and a manual transmission:
- Automatic Transmissions vehicles don't have clutch pedal.
- Automatic Transmissions do not have a gear stick; once the transmission is put into drive, from there on its all automatic.
A manual transmission achieves the various gear ratios needed by locking and unlocking various sets of gears to the output shaft , while an automatic transmission uses the same set of gears to produce the different gear ratios.
Manual transmissions need servicing but it is a less complicated task which involves replacing the fluids and/or making minor adjustments.
Automatic transmissions involve a range of parts such as a planetary gear set, a set of locking bands, a hydraulic system, clutches, and a large pump to move transmission fluid around and so regular servicing of Automatic transmissions is key to ensure maximum performance, economy and service life.
Some of the signs that there are problems with your automatic transmission include:
- Fluids Leaking.
- 'Check Engine' light.
- Clunky transitions between gears.
- Difficulty getting 'into' gear.
- A whining, humming or even a slight buzzing sound.
If you are experiencing any of these issues in your vehicle please call us at South East Car Care - Sorell in Sorell Today!